Corintech are leading specialists in the design and manufacture of Thick Film Hybrid microelectronic assemblies – it’s where our origins lie.
Ideal for use in environments where a high level of reliability is needed, Thick Film Hybrids can withstand a much wider temperature range and have much higher durability than conventional PCB assemblies. Most often, Thick Film technology is used in aerospace, defence and automotive applications, but its’ durable and reliable properties are starting to appeal to a broader market, and the demand for such skill and knowledge is ever growing.
Thick Film Hybrid circuits are made using a print & fire (P+F) technique, with a combination of multi-layer screen printing of precious and semi-precious metals (Au, Ag, Pd) and firing of tracks and precision resistors onto a range of ceramic and metal substrates. Surface mount components and bare die components with wire bonding can also be incorporated, and optional full encapsulation provides greater protection from wearing.
Our skilled team of engineers can assist you in determining the potential of utilising Thick Film technology within your designs.
Here are just a few benefits offered by Thick Film Hybrid Circuits:
• High reliability for harsh environment applications
• Flexibility to choose precise resistor values with active laser trimming
• High Voltage (HV) resistors
• Extended temperature range performance
• Improved thermal management with thermally conductive substrates
• Excellent high-frequency performance
• Low start-up costs and fast lead-time to prototype