Corintech and Lascar Electronics recognise that the counterfeiting of components is a serious problem that harms the worldwide economy and jeopardises the safety of individuals. We are committed to preventing the introduction of counterfeit electronic components to the supply chain. We will ensure our businesses and our suppliers follow the measures listed below to achieve this. Customer requirements will be used in conjunction with these measures.
- All components shall be purchased from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), where this is not possible;
- Parts shall be purchased from authorised distributors, where this is not possible;
- Parts shall be purchased with a complete chain of custody to the Manufacturer, where this is not possible;
- Parts can be purchased from a supplier that can not provide evidence the component is a genuine part, as long as we have agreement from the customer that they will accept the risk of using an untraceable component.
- All parties in our supply chain shall maintain appropriate processes to isolate, quarantine, report and remove counterfeit components.
- Investigate all suspected counterfeit electronic components and report the incident and outcome to the Group Quality Manager.
- Make unusable all material confirmed as counterfeit and provide evidence to the supplier and the Group Quality Manager.
- Ensure all staff involved in the procurement, inspection, and storage of electronic components are trained to identify counterfeit parts.
- The Group of companies shall perform random supply chain checks to ensure this policy is being followed. These checks will be in addition to the standard audit schedule.